Thursday, August 27, 2009

I love the smell of new cook books!

I am officially excited for school! Less than a week away and I am ready to start learning and soaking it all in already! I got my books and literally couldnt stop hugging them. They felt so good and I could smell the roasting garlic and crunchy bread in the air.(Yes, I was day dreaming about food). I cant wait to bake my first successful apple pie with crumb topping. I cant wait to meet people as passionate about food as I am. I cant wait to meet my teachers and learn from their experiences. I cant wait to wow my family and boyfriend and friends with my culinary goodness. I just cant wait!
I am not looking forward to a few things though:spilling all over the place, making weird meat gelatin molds(yes thats a weird french recipe), possibily cutting my finger with a huge knife because I dont know how to cut AT ALL, and so many other dissasters that could/will happen. And I definitely dont want to kill a lobster :(
Altogether though, I know it will be such a good experience. After all my expectations, I know it could be nothing I thought it would be, but I am so ready! Throughout the next semester I will be blogging and sharing all of my mistakes, frustrations, ups and downs, as well as great recipes and new discoveries in my culinary adventures.

WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES!!

No comments: