Monday, February 22, 2010

"This will be a changing day in you life." -Dr. Phil.

I never knew what Dr Phil was talking about when he said that. I new it could happen to people, and that it might happen to me some day in the future when Im old and gray, but I had a life changing moment. Through one small conversation, that the other person has no idea how much they changed my course in life.
On friday, I had a life changing talk with my nutrition teacher. God tugged on my heart to talk to her. It was definitely a divine appointment. We talked for a while. 30 to 45 minutes about life, nutrition, food, different jobs she had, and everything in between. It was great. I know 30 years from now, when Im in whatever job I have, married with kids, and looking back on my life, that comversation will have changed my life.
Before this conversation, I had an interview and got the job through Modesto Junior College being a teacher for kids and cooking. I also, have had a divine appointment and want to get into group exercise training and nutrition. I had no idea how I was going to put it all together, and definitely how to start on this adventure.
After talking with my teacher, she cleared a lot up. She told me who to talk to, and that what I should look into is Public health. It would be helping people with eating disorders, moms to be, children on welfare. All of the types of jobs that actually help people! Exactly what I would love to get into!!! Its so exciting to see the was things are getting narrowed down, some things that are getting pruned out of my life, and things that are getting brought into my life that I never expected.
I have also started making children's birthday cakes. Ive done a spongebob, a dora, and my next adventure will be spider man! I think I am getting interested in learning more about cakes. Its a great business and super fun!! Pictures will be posted!!

But...other than that, new recipes are in the works and I am enjoying school and every class I get to soak in. Summer is going to be a kick in the pants, and I cant wait to see whats in store on this crazy path Im on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're an engaged woman now! :-)